14/12/2010 · Internacional
CGCEES representante estatal para el programa de intercambio ILEX con Estados Unidos
Ha llegado el momento de abrir la convocatoria para el año que viene. El plazo para recibir solicitudes de admisión finaliza el 28 de enero de 2011, aunque es necesario preparar mucha documentación. Si estáis interesados en participar, ¡poneos en contacto lo antes posible!
Consejo General de Colegios Oficiales de Educadoras y Educadores Sociales
Virginia Gotor – firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 976 56 84 23
Are you interested in a Year Abroad? Be an ILEX Fellow!
ILEX Fellows are Social Service Professionals from Europe.
They come to the United States for one year to exchange professional and cultural information with American colleagues.
ILEX groups begin in August, November, February and May.
What is ILEX?
The International Learning Exchange (ILEX) is a nonprofit cross-cultural social service program of professional sharing. This is accomplished by placing European social service professionals in American agencies for one year or more as a means to share professional and cultural values, ideas and beliefs. Each ILEX Fellow speaks fluent English, has the equivalent of a bachelors degree (recognized in the U.S.), as well as practical experience. They posses specialized professional knowledge gained from their academic and practical training in Europe that is not available in America. As such, the Department of State recognizes them as “Professional Specialists”; professionals that can significantly enrich direct care practice in the U.S. through an exchange program.
Agencies currently have ILEX Fellows working as:
• Direct care workers in residential settings supporting children with emotional and behavioral challenges.
• Direct care workers in residential settings supporting children and adults with development disabilities.
• Case managers working with children, families and adults.
• Teaching assistants and direct support workers in schools with children with specialized needs.
• Family support workers providing services to children and families with intense support needs.
• Community integration specialists providing services to clients with chronic mental illness.
Requirements for Fellows:
An applicant must be:
• A graduate of a formal training program in Social Education, which is recognized and approved by the applicant’s country.
• Interested in extending professional horizons. At least one year of professional experience is required.
• Willing to work in an American direct service program for a full year with American colleagues.
• Able to understand academic training and professional identity well enough to communicate professional concepts with others.
Support and costs:
• Fellows receive a monthly stipend.
• ILEX provides housing, which is usually an apartment shared by 2 or more Fellows.
• ILEX provides health insurance.
• All assignments require that a Fellow have a car, so Fellows should expect to spend at least $3,000 for a car purchase and additional money for auto insurance. At the end of your ILEX year, you may be able to sell your car and recover portion of your costs.
• ILEX Fellows are assigned a field coordinator who will provide support throughout the year.
Application and further information is available on our website at: www.ilexchange.net